Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 23: McAfee Coliseum, Oakland; August 31



Today is the first of what will be many flights that help me accomplish my task of getting to all 30 ballparks in 45 days. I get up before 6:00 which is something I normally only do when I go deer hunting. OK, I actually have never gone deer hunting so I NEVER get up before 6:00. The 7:45 flight of LAX puts me in Oakland around 9:00 so I have a LOT of time to kill before the 1:00 p.m. start. After finally getting kicked out of the magazine shop for reading every magazine there without buying one, I head to McAfee Coliseum about 10:30 to find some A's fans. I end up at two amazing tailgates and sample the beer, brats and ribs along with other delicacies while also managing to interview a few of the fans for the movie. Mike- leader of tailgate number one- also gives me a free ticket and I join him and the crew in a luxury box! I am pretty tired from all the food and lack of sleep and actually doze off for an inning or so in a VERY comfortable chair. I do want to check out the rest of the stadium, so I say my goodbyes in the sixth and use my amazing security-dodging skills to sample a few different close seats during the last few innings. I take the $3 BART bus back to the airport and doze off before, during and after my return flight to LAX.

No comments: