Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 3: Shea Stadium, NYC; August 11


We are up at 7:00 and on the road by 7:30 to get to NYC. I have lots of errands to run before game: take my dog to daycare, pick up new contact lenses and deposit some checks! Hail and rain make me think game might not happen. I can't afford for even ONE game to be canceled. That's how tight my schedule is to get to all 30 in 45 days! Two hours before the game it is pitch black and hailing. Perhaps I should quit right now. We show up at Shea and it's still raining. I interview people in the rain. I buy tickets for $5 each as the Mets have a special promotion today. I am with my brother for a few days, and he is a HUGE Mets fan. We settle in seats MUCH closer to the field! The Mets blow 4-0 lead and lose to Pirates. My brother is NOT happy. The other Mets fans are ready to jump off a bridge. I am a Yankee fan so I smile inside. I run some more errands in NYC and pick up my dog, Sammy. We head to Rhode Island to stay with friends Janell and Drew, who will also be taking care of him while I am away. Next up: Fenway.

No comments: