Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 9: Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati; August 17


I did not get to bed until 3:00 but am up by 7:00 for the trip to Cincinnati. I arrive about 12:30 and buy a ticket for $5 from a scalper. I interview people and some nice guys from St. Louis give me a ticket in section 115 for free. I'm pretty close to the field and get to see Volquez and Lohse pitch. Both pitchers throw at each other which is kind of funny. The park is beautiful and the river views breathtaking. The Reds break it open and I enjoy some fantastic Skyline Chili for Lunch. I also take a picture in some pretty cushy seats that a lucky family won for the game! The Reds win and I interview some old-timers outside the stadium before I head to the Jeep. A cop follows me around the city for 10 minutes as I try to find the highway. Damn you GPS! NJ plates in Cincinnati equal pulled over, but I do not get pulled over. Next up: The White Sox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the D despite the Tigers giving up 16 runs that day.

I like the blog. I am jealous and would love to do something similar.

Keep it coming!!!