Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 12, Chicago; No Game: Jiffy Lube, August 20


I originally planned to go to Wrigley today but decided both the Jeep and myself needed a day to catch up and recharge. I get a haircut to start off the day and then take the Jeep to the Jiffy Lube on West Higgins Road. Of course I want to get out of there for under $30 but my windshield wipers are broken and the oil filter looks like a smaller version of the mattresses we slept on in my fraternity house (picture something not clean), so I have to spend a few dollars. The guys at Jiffy Lube are great so I'm giving them a shout out here....My oil, on the other hand, is not great. Apparently I have waited a little longer than the recommended 3000 miles as it's more like 6000 according to the receipt I find in my glove box. I ask the technician below the Jeep to describe my oil, he responds, 'filthy'. Well, truer words have probably never been spoken. I have a LOT of driving ahead in the next few weeks and with 145,000 miles on it, the Jeep needs every bit of help it can get. I spend the rest of the day working (yes, I do work) and then head downtown to meet and stay with my friends, Josh and Danit. Next up: Wrigley Field.

No comments: