Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 37: No Game, NYC; September 14



I hate going to bed at 4 a.m. usually, but I think my mind and body are still on pacific time or maybe even mountain time. Then again, I could also be on central time. It's been a crazy week with the time zones as I started in Seattle and crossed over the next day into the mountain time zone. By Wednesday night I was in the central time zone but back in the mountain time zone for Friday's game in Denver. I then skipped two more time zones back to my hometown eastern timezone with the flight to NYC yesterday. Either way, I try to trick my mind and body into thinking that going to bed at 4 a.m. and getting up at 9 a.m. is actually OK. It isn't. I need to do brunch with my friends Ed and Jess, so I force myself out of bed with minimal rest. After breakfast, I go for a run in beautiful but very hot central park with Ed. He has run a few marathons in his day but has a hard time keeping pace with me. OK, that is a lie. I let him go off on his own after the first mile or so but it's fun nonetheless to be back in NYC, especially on such a beautiful day. I meet my friend Geoff near the wedding venue as he is going to help me film the first part of the day. I'm a little rusty as it's been 5 weeks since my last wedding, but I quickly get back into the groove. Lowlights of the day include Geoff getting a $115 parking ticket for parking at a bus stop, having a half hour cab ride to go 30 blocks to the wedding, and losing the lens cap to the camera I am using to shoot 'Twice in a Lifetime.' I am back on the road (in the air actually) first thing for a day of sun, fun and baseball in Tampa Bay!

No comments: