Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 32: Yellowstone; September 9












They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, whoever came up with that one probably had just visited Yellowstone National Park. After a two hour drive south from my motel in Three Forks, I spend the day exploring the amazing natural beauty that is Yellowstone. I will keep the words short today, but I do want to give some credit to the Jeep, my 'old faithful' if you will. It's on its second cross country trip in 10 years - nearly 10,000 miles alone on this trip- and it keeps humming along - except for the AC issues of course- like it did the day it pulled out of the factory. (That sound you hear is me knocking vigorously on some Yellowstone wood.) I hope you enjoy the photos. Almost as much as I enjoyed trying to get out of the park in the dark without hitting a buffalo or elk. Highlights include a ranger saying to me,
"Sir, you might want to move back. That bull is probably going to charge you.", watching Old Faithful erupt, a buffalo (pictured) stopping traffic by walking right into it, seeing a rainbow (pictured) and me almost backing the Jeep off s small cliff into parts unknown. If you've never been to Yellowstone, you should make it your mission to get there as soon as humanly possible....

No comments: